Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Slow-cooker beef stew

This recipe is pretty easy and turned out amazing! I adapted the recipe from here: http://www.eatdrinkeat.com/2012/10/papa-rons-goldang-son-of-gun-winter-stew.html


I didn't use wine and also didn't cutupthe onion as small. I HATE onion but I try to still use it if the recipe calls for but in a way that I won't have to eat it in chunks. 

Ingredients:
Flour
Stew meat 
1 packet of stew seasoning
2 lg. cans of  Beef Broth
2 Beef Bullion Cubes
1/2 tsp Rosemary
1 can Stewed Tomatoes
Red Potatoes
Celery
Baby Carrots
Onion 
Zucchini
Salt
Pepper
~Coat the beef in flour 
~ Brown stew meat on all sides and drain excess grease. (use small amount of oil for extra browning)
~ Add Meat to pot with Stew Seasoning, Beef Broth, and Bullion Cubes.
~ Next put in Celery, Carrots, Onion, Rosemary, Bay leaves and Red Wine.
Let that simmer for a while.
~ Then add the Potatoes, Zucchini, and Stewed Tomatoes
* I like to add the vegetables that will get too soft to the mix later so they don’t get too mushy when this stew cooks.
~ Salt and Pepper the stew to your liking.
~ Cook on low for about 5 to 6 hours 
* Add water if needed to keep everything submerged








My cute helper

No comments: