Thursday, August 16, 2012

The pregnancy test

Raul and I had been talking about having another child because we had both agreed that Brody needed a sibling. Of course when we would talk about it I was always like not right now but maybe in a few months we can start trying. I had a nagging feeling that we NEEDED another child. Pregnancy is very hard for me and not something that I wanted to do again.

On Raul's birthday I took the pregnancy test but I was thinking I was just overreacting and miscalculating when I was supposed to get my period. I was really only a few days past my period but I took it anyway. Seriously right after I peed on the stick and was about to lay it straight to wait for the one-two minutes it had already showed the lines that I was pregnant. So I waited and thought maybe the line will go away?? And then I felt upset because I was scared of being horribly sick again and how I would do it this time with a 3 year old.

I went upstairs to tell Raul. He said, "soooooo?" And I showed him the test. This test has two lines if you are pregnant and one if you aren't. Raul saw it and thought that a plus sign meant that I was pregnant so he was like its okay in a few months we can start trying like you wanted.  I was like um no look at it again and then I could see the realization hit him that I was pregnant. He was super excited and wanted to tell everyone about the pregnancy. And that is how we found out.

No comments: